Create a SaaS Video Email Marketing
Strategy to Increase ROI
Marketing via email is on the rise and continues to grow. In fact, according to a recent study, more than 306 billion emails are sent globally daily. It is anticipated the number would surpass 376 billion by 2025.While this proves that marketing via email remains relevant, it’s also important to note that it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. It only means that companies need to devise ways to make their emails stand out in a crowded market.
Video email marketing is one of the most powerful marketing strategies that SaaS businesses can use to reach their target audience. After all, SaaS businesses are often selling a product that needs to be installed, configured, or set up by the customer themselves, so getting that customer’s attention is key. And video emails can help with that.
With video emails, you can create a unique and engaging message that will encourage recipients to open your message. You can embed a video using your email marketing tool easily nowadays. Additionally, video email marketing can also be used to promote your SaaS company or product. By using video email marketing, you can increase your chances of converting leads into customers.
This article will discuss in detail the benefits of a powerful video email marketing for SaaS businesses and five effective tips for creating a powerful video email marketing strategy.
The Benefits of Video Email Marketing Strategy for a SaaS Business
Email marketing is a powerful way to reach your customers and keep them updated on your SaaS company’s latest news. However, as more and more businesses move to the cloud, it can be difficult to find a way to stand out in an inbox full of messages. One way to do this is by using video email marketing. The wise use of videos brings a ton of benefits including the following:
Increased Engagement with New and Existing Customers
Engaging videos can capture a customer’s attention more than text-only emails. A previous study by GetResponse found that emails with video had a 96% greater click-through rate than emails without video. They also help customers learn about your product or service quickly and easily.
For example, explainer videos can help inform your customer about the best features of your SaaS product. A personalized video can hook in a potential customer who’s interested in what your SaaS business offers. There are more things you can do to engage an email subscriber with you. Test out a different style of email subject line, edit an interesting video thumbnail, and link to related posts are just few ideas.
Additionally, videos can be shared on social media, which can help you reach more potential customers.
Greater Clarity and Understanding
As mentioned above, videos can be used to explain the features and benefits of a particular SaaS product or service, to show how it works, or to introduce the team behind the SaaS company. They can also be used to answer common questions that customers may have about SaaS products.
By using videos in their email marketing campaigns, SaaS businesses can create a more engaging experience for a new or an existing customer and improve their understanding of the company and its products.
Video content is a powerful way to make your email marketing campaigns more memorable for your target audience. Videos can help you communicate your message in an engaging and visually appealing way, which can make it more likely that recipients will remember your content and take action accordingly.
Additionally, video can be a great way to stand out from the competition and capture attention in a crowded inbox. Marketers are aware of the big impact of a video to their target audience, so you better not underestimate this type of media. By incorporating videos into your email campaigns, you can create a more dynamic and engaging experience for recipients that will help you achieve your desired results.
Increased Conversion Rates
Video can be an extremely effective way to help SaaS businesses make their email marketing campaigns more successful. Use video to introduce new SaaS products or features, to show how a SaaS product works, or to provide customer testimonials. They can also be used to create excitement about new incentives or offers, and can even be included in the email itself.
Videos can be especially helpful in increasing conversion rates by up to 80%. In fact, studies have shown that including a video in an email can increase the click-through rate by as much as 300 percent. And, when viewers do click through, they’re likely to stay on the page for twice as long as they would if there was no video content.
Video has become an incredibly powerful medium for businesses to communicate their message and connect with their customers. And when it comes to email marketing, incorporating video can help achieve a higher ROI on your campaigns.
As mentioned earlier, studies have shown that including a video in an email leads to an increase of click-through rates up to 300%, and conversion rates by 80%.
There are many reasons why videos work so well in email marketing. For starters, they’re engaging and grab attention. In addition, they help to communicate a message quickly and clearly. Videos can also be used to drive more traffic back to your website or blog.
Ultimately, if you’re looking to boost the ROI on your next email campaign, consider adding a video. It could be the difference between success and failure.
Tips on Creating a Powerful Video Email Marketing Strategy for Your SaaS Business
Email marketing is an incredibly powerful tool for businesses of all sizes, but when it comes to video email marketing, things get even more interesting. The thing about video email marketing is that it can be extremely personal. You can create a connection with your subscribers that’s much stronger than what you could achieve with plain text emails.
But, before you can start reaping the benefits of video email marketing, you need to put together a strategy. Below we’re going to take a look at how you can create a powerful video email marketing strategy for your SaaS business.
1. Plan Your Strategy
Videos are an extremely effective way to market your SaaS business. By planning your video email marketing strategy, you can create powerful, engaging videos that will help you connect with your customers and grow your business. Here are a few tips for planning your video email marketing strategy:
2. Plan Your Message
Before you start filming, take some time to plan out your message. What do you want to say to your customers? What is the goal of your video? Once you have a clear idea of what you want to communicate, you can begin scripting and storyboarding your video.
3. Choose the Right Format
There are many different formats you can use for video email marketing, so choose the one that will work best for your message and audience. Some of the most popular formats are :
- Video Question and Answer: This format is often used when you want to provide information to your customers. For example, you could use this format if you wanted to answer common questions that customers have about your products or services.
- SaaS Product Demonstration: This format can be used to show off new or improved products. You could use this format if you wanted to provide an in-depth review of a specific product.
- Sales Presentation: This format can be used to show off the benefits of a new product or service. For example, you could use this format to demonstrate how your customers can save money with a new product. The format you choose will depend on the purpose of your presentation.
- Explainer Video: This format can be used to show off products. For example, you could use this format if you wanted to demonstrate the benefits of a new product in a short video.
- Personalized Video: A personalized video is a video created just for a certain subscriber. You could use this format to introduce yourself to potential clients or customers.
- Animated GIFs: An animated GIF is a short video that can be used to convey an idea or idea in a fun and clear way. Animated GIFs are also great for sharing on social networks.
4. Script Your Video
Scripting your video is key to creating a power marketing strategy for your SaaS business. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Have a clear, concise script to ensure that your video hits all the key points and delivers the desired message to your audience.
- Make sure to keep your target audience in mind when scripting your video, and think about what you want them to take away from it.
- Be sure to storyboard your video before shooting, so that you have a visual representation of how it will look and flow.
- Plan out your shots and angles ahead of time, and make sure you have everything you need before starting filming.
- Keep your video short and sweet – around 2-3 minutes is ideal – so that viewers don’t get bored or overwhelmed.
5. Record Your Video
Here are a few tips when recording to get the best results:
- Know what you want to say before you start recording. It can be helpful to write out a script or at least have an idea of what you want to say before you start recording. This way, you won’t get flustered and will be able to focus on delivering your message effectively.
- Use a good quality camera. If you’re going to be recording yourself, it’s important to use a good quality camera so that your video looks professional. Smartphones are great for this, but make sure the lighting is good and that you’re in a quiet place so that your audio quality is good too.
- Make sure you’re well-prepared. Before you start recording, make sure you know what you want to say and that you’ve rehearsed it a few times. This will help ensure that your video is high quality and effective.
6. Edit Your Video
Editing your video is a great way to create a powerful video marketing strategy for your SaaS business. By carefully selecting the clips you use and editing them together in an interesting and engaging way, you can create a video that will capture your audience’s attention and encourage them to learn more about your product or service. Here are a few tips for editing your video:
- Keep it short and sweet. Most people won’t want to watch a long, drawn-out video, so keep your edit concise and focused. Try to keep the overall length of your video under two minutes.
- Choose the right clips. When selecting footage for your video, think about what will capture the viewer’s attention and be most informative or persuasive. Choose clips that are short and to-the-point, and make sure they are sequenced in an interesting way.
- Add music and sound effects. A video that’s not accompanied by music or sound effects is boring to watch and will get lost in the shuffle of other videos being watched on YouTube.
- Edit well. The most important part of creating a video is editing it well. A bad edit can make your video look amateur and unskilled, which might not be the image you want to convey.
7.Optimize Your Video
Simply embedding video content to an email is not enough. Businesses need to make sure that their videos are properly optimized for email.
There are a few things businesses can do to make sure their videos are optimized for email.
- Keep the file size small. Most email clients will not load videos that are larger than 10 MB.
- Use a codec that is compatible with most email clients. The most popular codecs are H.264 and MPEG-4.
- Use a format that is compatible with most email clients. The most popular formats are MP4 and WMV.
8. Send Your Video Email
Before sending your video email marketing, here’s a checklist to make sure that you have everything done.
- Create an email template that is optimized for email marketing. Your video should be easily viewable on any size screen.
- Make sure your videos are high quality and engaging. Viewers will be more likely to watch and remember your videos if they’re well made.
- Make sure your videos are short and to the point. Most people won’t watch a long video, so keep your messages short and sweet.
- Always include a CTA (call to action) in your videos. This could be anything from asking viewers to visit your website to signing up for your newsletter. Whatever you want viewers to do, make sure you ask them directly in your video.
- Link to a related article in your website’s blog to increase traffic.
A video email marketing campaign can be an extremely powerful tool for your SaaS business. By creating well-crafted videos, you can increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, and convert more leads into customers. So start planning your video email marketing strategy today, and see the results for yourself! If you need more SaaS growth marketing tips, be sure to check out our blog.