How to Create an Effective B2B SaaS Website
Design in 4 Simple Steps
Did you know that a B2B SaaS company’s website accounts for almost 50 percent of its online presence? That’s why it’s important to create an effective B2B SaaS website design that will get potential customers interested in your brand and services.
A well-designed site can help your SaaS business stand out from the pack and make you more visible to prospective clients. According to Forbes, companies with websites have a better chance at getting new customers than those who don’t have one.
A good B2B SaaS website design can also play a big part in converting visitors into customers. Whether you are launching your first business or looking for ways to enhance your existing website, this blog post will provide you with everything you need to know about creating a great Saas website design.
1. Create a Compelling “About” Page
The first page visitors will see when they visit your SaaS website will be the about page. Designing this page correctly is critical because it sets the tone for the rest of your site-and the overall brand experience. And if your about page doesn’t capture their attention and persuade them to learn more about your company and its products or services, they’ll likely move on to another website.
Because this page is so important, you may want to consider hiring a professional copywriter to help with the content.
A great about page will contain the following elements:
- A Brief Company History – Include information about how your company got its start and where it is today.
- Company Culture – Mention what type of culture your office environment fosters.
- Core Values – Detail the core values that guide your employees’ daily operations. It’s best to keep these values short and sweet; something the average reader will be able-to-grasp quickly.
- Customer Testimonials – Include a link to your online review page or encourage customers to leave reviews directly on your about page.
- Social proof – Potential customers want to see that other people have had success with your product, and they want to know how your product can help them achieve their goals. That’s where case studies come in. They are a great way to show off your product’s features and benefits. They can also help you connect with potential customers on a personal level, by demonstrating how your product has helped other businesses achieve their goals. And finally, case studies can help you build trust with potential customers by showing that you’re an authority in your field.
- Contact Information – Include a physical address and phone number for your business and contact information for other key company personnel.
There are several things you can do to create a compelling about page for your B2B SaaS company.
- Make sure your headline is clear and concise, and accurately reflects what your company does.
- Make sure your page copy is well written and provides visitors with a good overview of your company and its products or services.
- Keep it brief – but interesting! Keep your messages short and sweet; something the average reader will be able to grasp quickly.
- Tell your story. Why did you start your business? What are your values and mission? Share what makes you unique and why customers should do business with you.
- Include photos or videos of your team. People like to put faces to names, so give your readers a chance to see who they’re doing business with.
- Make sure your content is up-to-date and accurate. Nothing turns people off faster than outdated information or spelling mistakes. proofread everything before you publish it!
2. Add a Video Showcase
Once you’ve created a compelling about page, it’s time to direct your attention to the video showcase.
Adding video showcases is a best practice to show off your company’s B2B SaaS website design. They can be used to introduce new customers to your site, or to show existing customers what’s new. Video showcases can also be used to highlight specific features of your site, or to share customer testimonials.
When creating a video showcase, it’s important to keep in mind the goals of your campaign. Are you trying to increase signups? Drive more traffic to your site? Increase brand awareness? Once you know what you’re trying to achieve, you can create a video that’s tailored to fit your needs.
Your video showcase should be high-quality and engaging, and it should reflect the tone and style of your brand. You may want to consider hiring a professional video production company to help you create a standout video.
Here are only a few benefits from adding a video showcase on your website.
- Attract new visitors: According to a survey, over 60% of people watch a video before buying anything online. Hence, it is a way to attract new visitors and build brand loyalty. Also, if your videos are engaging, it can help you increase your website traffic.
- Create a sense of urgency: When used correctly, it can help persuade visitors to act quickly before they lose the opportunity. One way to use video on your website is by adding it to your about page. This is a great place to show off what your company is all about and what makes you different from the competition. Video can help communicate your message in a clear and concise way, which can be especially helpful for B2B companies that sell complex products or services. Another way to use video on your website is by including it on landing pages. This is another great way to persuade visitors to take action before it’s too late. For example, if you’re running a sale, you can use video on your landing page to highlight the discounts you’re offering.
- Offer information about your SaaS product: Videos are a great ay to teach customers how to use your product. In the process, they create a connection between your brand and your customers
- Helps you stand out in search results: Video can be a powerful way to help your website stand out in search results. It can help you communicate your brand’s personality and what you do in a more engaging way than text alone. Additionally, video can help improve your website’s SEO, as it is a more engaging form of content that can keep people on your page longer. This can lead to higher rankings in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Boost conversions: According to a survey, 54% of consumers trust videos more than other forms of content on the web.
- Boosts your brand image: Video can give you an opportunity to show your personality and help strengthen your brand image. You can use video to show how you do business and get feedback from customers.
There are a few different ways you can integrate video into your B2B SaaS website design, including:
- Creating a video wall: It is the best way to make sure that customers see your videos. This is the best way to promote your products and services and give information about how they work.
- Including video in your homepage slider: It allows you to highlight the most important products or services. It’s a great way to direct customers’ attention towards the products or services you want them to see.
- Adding video to your product pages: It is a good way to give customers a better understanding of how your products work.
- Adding video to your about page: It is a good way to show your customers who you are and what you do.
Read our blog on SaaS Video Marketing: How To Create Videos That Convert for more tips.
Create a Responsive Design
You’ve already created a compelling about page and added a video showcase. Now’s the time to turn your attention to the homepage. The B2B SaaS homepage should be designed to connect with your visitors and direct them to take action.
In general, the best B2B SaaS websites have simple, clean homepages that incorporate a few key design elements:
- A Strong Call to Action (CTA)
- An eye-catching headline – Relevant and valuable images
- Product/service-specific CTAs
- High-quality, original images
- Compelling, unique content
- High-quality and original images
A responsive design is essential for any B2B SaaS website design. More than 80 percent of website visitors use mobile devices to do their shopping.
Having a responsive design allows your homepage to adjust to the device being used and ensures that it looks good on all screen sizes. What this means is that one B2B SaaS website design will be able to be viewed on any type of device and any screen size, regardless of whether it’s a desktop computer, smartphone, tablet or any other type of device.
Finally, your homepage must be optimized for all devices, especially when you factor in that between 30 and 50 percent of your visitors will be viewing your site on a smartphone.
Here’s how to optimize your website for all devices:
- The first step is to design your website using a responsive layout. This will ensure that the site looks good and functions properly on any device.
- Secondly, use media queries to target specific devices and optimize the layout and design for each one. This will help you provide the best possible experience for users on different devices.
- Finally, test your website on different devices and browsers to make sure it looks and functions correctly. Use analytics tools such as Google Analytics to track how users are interacting with your site on different devices, and make changes as needed.
Read our blog on 12 Tips to Optimize Your SaaS Website Design for Conversion.
Add Scrolling Content
It’s unlikely that your visitors will read every word on your B2B SaaS website. Another important element to include in your website design is scrolling content.
A scrolling content is a web design trend where the main content of the page scrolls while secondary information is fixed. This type of layout is often used on websites with a lot of text or long pages, as it helps to keep the viewer’s attention focused on the most important information.
Scrolling content can be a great way to improve user experience on your website by keeping readers engaged and preventing them from getting lost in long pages of text.
If you want to include scrolling content on your website, follow these tips:
- First, you’ll need to create or find the content you want to feature.
- The information you include on your homepage and on other key pages should be written with a specific goal in mind. This can be to get the reader to take a certain action, like signing up for a free trial, or it can be to provide relevant and valuable information.
- Once you have the content, you’ll need to create a web page or blog post that will house the content. You can then use a plugin or code snippet to add the scrolling content to your website.
- Make sure that it’s consistent across all pages. Use the same typeface, font size and colour on every page so that your website design is cohesive and easy to navigate.
- It’s also a good idea to limit the amount of scrolling content on each page. If a visitor wants to read all the content on your website, they should be able to do so without getting a headache.
- The general rule of thumb is that the average person reads less than 100-200 words per minute. So, if you have a lot of content to include on a particular page, break it up into smaller chunks and use scrolling text to do so.
When adding a scrolling content area to your website, be sure to test it out on different devices and browsers.
Creating an effective B2B SaaS website design is easier than you might think. Simply follow these four key steps and you’ll be well on your way to designing a site that will boost your brand and lead generation. The most important thing to remember when designing your website is that it’s critical to create an experience that will engage your visitors..
When it comes to website design for B2B SaaS companies, there are a few key things to consider. The first is the target audience that you’re hoping to reach. Your website design should be geared towards that audience, making it easy for them to understand what your B2B company does and how it can help them.
The second consideration is your website’s overall usability. Your potential customer should be able to find what they’re looking for quickly and easily, without having to search through a lot of irrelevant information. The layout and design of your website should be easy on the eyes and easy to navigate.
Finally, you’ll want to make sure that your website’s content is up-to-date and relevant. This means regularly adding new content and keeping track of any changes in the SaaS industry.
For more SaaS marketing tips, don’t forget to check out our blog.